Sunday, January 13, 2013

Personal Highlights of 2012



From the 8th of July to the 15th of July last year I was in a camp for amateur actors and actresses, and for directors. I saw their advert in a newspaper for teens and I decided that I would like to try it out. I was very excited because of two reasons : I was never in a camp before and I always wanted to try out acting. This was a great opportunity for me and I didn't want to miss it. So, I talked my parents into letting me take part in this. They let me try this out, and of course I was very happy.

On the first day we played a few games together and after the games we were divided into 5 groups and I was in the group with the youngest participants.

Our teacher was a Hungarian actress. She was very nice to us and let us start our class with 10-20 minutes of relaxation, listening to classical music and just walking around the room. It helped me a lot to prepare for those long days ahead of me.

The accomodation couldn't be better. We slept in a boarding school. I was in a room with 5 other girls. Out of the 5 girls, 3 were my team-mates.
On the first three days we played various games and we improvised. We only started to prepare our performance on Wednesday.

The first time we performed our show was on Friday the 13th and I will never forget that date. I was overwhelmed by a good feeling I can't describe. I think it was the first time I felt that way. I accomplished one of my goals I set for myself.
After the show, everybody congratulated us and they thanked us for reminiscing their memories from their childhood. I saw a few tearful eyes, too.



The final performance, which was for the parents and friends, was on the 15th of July. It started at 11 am. I was very excited before performing but I managed to calm myself down right on time. Again, I had a good feeling, euforia I think, after the show. I believe my decision to take part in something like this camp was good and it was worth it. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on achieving one of your personal goals!:) The performance must have been great. It's a pity that I couldn't see it. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll let you know next time so that you don't miss it. :)

      Delete